Wednesday, January 22, 2014

the great capsule wardrobe adventure: days 12 & 13

staring up at the spiderwebs; items 9 and 11




This heatwave is still going strong and I had kiddos to wrangle so jeans and short sleeves it was. The mornings are kooky cool and the afternoons are hot. It's nuts! It was even colder and hotter the next day!
 
I layered up the smock and went for it, industrial old lady shoes and all. The morning temperature around 9am was 48 degrees and the afternoon hit 80something...absolutely nutty.
going for the wardrobe dream; items 6 and 7
So this crazy layered mis-matched print look is something I have been striving for even before we left L.A. I'm not sure I am pulling it off in person but the photos work and make me happy but maybe that's just the lipstick talking.
Here I am all garden girl upped with stripes and checks and bloomers exposed. It pleases me more than it should maybe....nah. Tomorrow (today really) is the last day and with the heat I am going to be hard pressed to pull of style but I will try. I will probably end up in either 1 and 5 or 10 and 11...or maybe I will extend it a day and do both...

6 comments:

  1. Pulling it off, totally. I love the whole thing, but 'specially the bloomers. You have wonderful style, and I, here in NY, am so jealous of your weather. This project has inspired the bejeebers out of me, and tomorrow I am throwing half my clothes into the washer with some gray dye.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. get thee some bloomers! and while the flowers are pretty, i would much rather have a proper winter. this drought is gonna have some baaaaad repercussions! keep warm!

      Delete
  2. You so make me want bloomers and stripey leggings! :D I only have 2 pairs of leggings (one full length and one capri length) and they're both black.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. methinks you may need some more leggings...in different colors!

      Delete
  3. Very cute outfit! Especially love the striped leggings. Very jealous that you have a heatwave! I'm on the East Coast and am bracing for a deep freeze...plus there's snow everywhere! Grrrr!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Man, the over dye on your gingham jumper turned out great! I never would have thought to put black over those colors. Well done, Missy.

    ReplyDelete